Thursday, June 25, 2009

No Surgery Needed!!!

Hi Everyone,

I just returned from Tryavna, my permanent site, and Sofia for my knee re-evaluation. The good news is that I do not need surgery, and I don't have to wear a hard cast. The bad or not so good news is that I still have to wear a soft cast for the next 6-8 weeks. The fracture in my patella is not dislocated, so therefore surgery is not required. Although I can already tell it's going to be a long road back to normal walking once the soft cast is removed, because I tried flexing my knee to put my socks on this morning and it did not want to move. It looks like muscle atrophy has already started in my left leg and it's only been a week. Yikes!!!

On the other hand my visit to Tryavna went great! The organization I will be working for is called SOS Kinderdorf and it is based out of Austria. My future colleagues are very friendly and open to new ideas, so I think it's going to be a nice match. The town is also nicely preserved, and has a lot of historical artifacts and monuments. I actually asked if I could stay there and not go back to my host site, but Peace Corps wouldn't allow it!

That's all for now. Check out the websites for Tryavna and SOS Kinderdorf for more info.

Tryavna:
http://www.tryavna.bg/en/

SOS Kinderdorf:
http://sosbg.org/ENG/index.html

Peace, Love, and Understanding...

No comments:

Post a Comment